Labels

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Awesome Group Session 2

Hello All!  Since I am only editing one video per training session I now have more time for each post.  This means I will start experimenting with editing techniques and posting other interesting things, not just videos of flips.
Enjoy!


Awesome Group Session 2

Jonny and Carl duke it out capoeira styles again.  I thought they were good last time, but this time they kill it even more!  I swear they must be practicing in secret or something because last time they weren't as good.  After Jonny does a cool combo, which I pick up on, then Dylan and soon the whole team is doing their own variation of Jonny's initial combo (back sweep - master scoot - flash).  Then we all do a bunch of random tricks and finally I work on cork to cork, one hand handstand and wall side flips.  Excellent day!!  Oh and I tried experimenting with the Crop Effect for this video.  It looks fairly lame but it is just the start of my experimenting with editing techniques!


Crazy Science Fact of the Day!
The asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs 65 millions years ago also flung billions of tons of "life bearing" rocks to other potentially life-bearing planets in our solar system and beyond!  Whoa!!!
http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/27720/

4 comments:

  1. What gym/centre do you train at???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its called RMA, here's the website:
      www.ryoukomartialarts.com
      Open gyms Friday nights!

      Delete
  2. What do you guys do usually during the open gyms on friday nights?
    I have no experience in any martial arts training whatsoever. I like the whole concept of mixing up martial arts, tricking and dance.

    Btw, these videos are insane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually don't usually go to the open gym. Well sometimes Eric does I think, but the majority of us dont go. However other people of all skill ranges go so you would have somebody to train with. Also there are lots of martial arts classes offered at RMA. XSD is the style I learned a while ago that really helped with all this tricking and breaking stuff! However there are a lot of open gyms around the city. Most gymnastics gym offer them if you are looking to train closer to home.

      Oh and I'm glad you like the videos!!

      Delete